Agua de Pepino

I had numerous requests for the agua de pepino (cucumber water) that I made, so a blog post seemed fitting.


This type of agua frecsa is very popular in Mexico and my husband likes all things Mexican, so I decided to make it since Meijer had a crazy cucumber deal. I think the deal was 3 for a dollar or something like that.

Here is the recipe sorry there aren't exact measurements. Just kidding, I'm not sorry, life isn't calculated, just use your best judgement.

Andronic Apiary honey


Ingredients:
2 medium sized cucumbers
1 lime
Water
Natural Honey, I used my in-laws honey straight from Franklin Park, IL!
(I am sure sugar works just fine, but I wouldn't recommend non natural honey)
Fresh Mint (we have 2 pots full in our back yard)


Steps:
  1. Peel the cucumbers. I didn't take the seeds out because I used a Ninja Blender and it pulverizes the seeds, but if you're using a normal blender I would take the seeds out, either that or strain it at the end. 
  2. Chop up the cucumber into medium-ish sized pieces and put them in your blender.
  3. Squeeze lime juice of 1 lime over the cucumber pieces,
  4. Add water to cover the cucumbers.
  5. Add honey to taste
  6. BLEND 
  7. Add mint and blend again OR add mint and let mint steep in the water
  8. Add more water, honey, or mint to taste.

Other options: blend some ice in to make it smoothie like

CONVERSATION

Back
to top