Paths

Whether you like it or not, time ticks away and either we regress or there is progress. Staying the same is not an option, for there is an incessant battle that raging on for our souls.


We change. 
We are changed. 

People inspire us to change, either by their example or by their advice. Circumstances change us, either willingly or by force and God's mercy is in both. But, we are changed nonetheless, all orchestrated by God who passionately knows us, actively protects us, and continually defends us.

I am changed. 
I am different.

Somewhere in the last 8 months the path I traveled on diverged. Some would say they saw it coming, its a natural process, change, and being in a country for 8 months is a breeding ground for change. I saw it coming, but I guess I thought rooted meant stagnancy; not spiritual stagnancy, but personal stagnancy. 

When the fork in the road came into focus, I breathed in a lung full of polluted air, breathed it out--in a long sigh that I am know for-- , and scared out of my mind, but assured to my core, that the Lord passionately knows me, actively protects me, and continually defends me, I stepped unto the more intimidating of the two paths.


And what I am finding, learning, pondering, and experiencing on what sometimes still is frightening a path is what I plan on blogging about for the next few posts.

What I contemplate today is that,


"no turning back"  

has acquired a new meaning; not more things left behind, more things to look forward to.


Forever changed, perspective permanently altered, & with love,




Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Robert Frost

CONVERSATION

Back
to top