Wiping the Feet of Jesus

I'm in a season where my hair is long, and I love it. Somewhere in the back of my head, I am also looking forward to the day where I chop it all off and have a bob, but thats beside the point. Here is a picture:


You know what I always think about with hair..?

Mary. She wiped Jesus' feet with her hair. Her hair must of been super long, and if she was like me (or me like her), her hair was precious to her because it was a sign of her womanhood. It was her duty to take care of it, to brush it, to wash it, to make it a braid/ponytail or let it down. I think thats why she chose her hair to wipe JESUS' feet. After seeing His worth, she poured expensive perfume on the feet of the Savior and she knew that a mere rag or towel was not worthy of His feet. So, she chose her most valuable possession, her hair, to wipe has is considered the lowest part of a human being... feet. JESUS' feet I imagine were dusty, dirty and callused, yet, they were of more worth than Mary's lifelong work of keeping her hair. Its beautiful.

Maybe I'm not Mary in that JESUS is physically sitting in front of me, but He is here. He is here with me. As cheesy as it may sound, my hair has become a form of worship unto Him. I imagine that maybe one day when I meet Him face-to-face, I'll fall at His feet and my tears will wash His feet and my hair will wipe them.

"Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. " John 12:3

CONVERSATION

Back
to top